8 January 2013

Getting by with a little help from my friends

Dear friends,

It's been a crazy month since I last posted!  I've moved back here to Blogger and I'll explain why in just a moment.  If you've been forwarded here from lyndanaranjo.com, you're in the right place.  While I was able to move my posts over, I lost all your lovely comments and I am sorry for that.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I hadn't been feeling well for several months and had been undergoing tests.  Around mid-December the pieces started to come together and over the holidays, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  This came as quite a shock for a number of reasons.  Mainly because my husband battled cancer last year and just finished his treatment at the end of October but also because I had had a pelvic exam in June and it was normal.  So when I began having issues of indigestion and stomach problems, ovarian cancer was not even a consideration until several months later.

I start chemotherapy this week and will receive 3 treatments, 3 weeks apart.  I'll then be scheduled for surgery and have another 3 chemo treatments after that.  I'm going to lose my hair, which I know is a small price to pay but ...  I believe 100% that I am going to beat this!  I'm already planning that by the summer, I'll be out in my garden taking photos.

Speaking of photos, my photography has been shelved for the rest of 2013.  My Etsy shop remains closed and I will not be updating my Facebook page.  I plan to blog when I'm able and will visit your blogs whenever I can.  You'll probably find me on Pinterest regularly too. And if you like, you can friend me on my personal Facebook (just leave a note in your friend request letting me know you read my blog, otherwise I may not accept the request!).  It's easy for me to update Facebook and Pinterest from my iPad.  Right now I spend a lot of time laying on the couch with a heating pad.  It's the only time I'm comfortable.

And that is why I decided to move back to Blogger.  While I was happy with having a self-hosted blog and website, it's not something I need at this time and it was a lot more work.  I just want to be able to blog now and again without thinking of backing up my site and dealing with the huge amount of spam that comes with self-hosting.  Blogger is much more simple and I need simple right now.

I also have a wonderful update for you!  Bobby saw his oncologist yesterday to get the results of his tests that he had over the holidays and he is cancer free!  He'll continue to be monitored every 6 months for 3 years and then annually for 2 years.  So if he can beat it, so can I!

Normally, I don't like to post without including a photo but this time I've had to make an exception.  I know I don't need to ask for your prayers and positive thoughts because they're already there and I'm so grateful to each and every one of you.  As my post title says, I'll get through this with a little help from my friends!

xoxo,
Lynda



15 comments:

  1. Life is what happens while you are making others plans...John Lennon knew exactly what he was talking about. Love, and marriage are this incredible experience on our journey...you were there for Bobby through his cancer and fists up with his clear report!! Now he will be able to be there for you in the same way and shower you with love, caring and whatever you need during chemo, pre & post surgery and then after chemo again.

    I know you realize you'll lose your hair and you have the right attitude about it -- but don't be surprised when you have an emotional reaction about it. Not because it's hair and you love it -- it's a physical sign of what is happening inside you. Best thing I did as soon as I saw the first strands coming out -- had my head shaved so I didn't have to go through the process.

    There is so much about cancer that "takes away" our control and our ability to "be" in our bodies...anything we can do that says "hold on just a second there...I am still in charge here and I still make decisions" -- that goes a very long way to our feelings about what's happening and goes a long way to our ability to treat the "thing".

    I'm glad you're back on blogger and that you'll keep in touch as you can.

    Sending healing thoughts, prayers, white light and good ju ju -- my hand is out -- grab on whenever you need to.. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I am so sorry to read that you are going through the cancer journey. Like your dear husband you will come through this even stronger than you were before. You are in my thoughts and prayers as was your husband. Keep strong and know you have many people supporting you.
    Hugs
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading this made me so poignant, i cant even begin to imagine how the news must have been for you and how bravely you're taking it.
    may god bless you with all his kindness and hold your hand through this.
    will be praying for you and wishing on my evening stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis! What a shock, especially just after your husband's ordeal. I admire your positive attitude and will be praying for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me so sad. I know you will be fine, but why do so people have to suffer through this disease before they finally figure out a prevention? I am sorry you have to have this in your life. May you be you again soon, whole and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda!
    I am not on FB and realize that many previous followers of my blog are, and as a result I have lost touch with many including you.
    I heard through the grapevine of your recent news. As a cancer survivor of 2 cancers I know the journey that you are beginning. I understand the wide range of emotions which you experience. The whole time I was in treatments, I continued on with my life with a positive and hopefull attitude. I never looked back and took all treatments with the thought that this is my life line, yes the chemo has side effects but I embraced each knowing that chemo and radiation was fighting the disease. I have no doubt that you will benefit from your treatments.I offer my hand to you to hold onto if necessary. Lynda you were one of my silent angels supporting me in my fights. I am now here to do the same for you.
    Email me if you wish : mysilverspiritatgmaildotcom
    We can talk. I would suggest group support at "WellSpring" very helpfull to me during my two journeys.
    Lynda I hold you in my prayers and I send healing energy your way.
    Always your friend and a sister who fought and won! You will too!
    love and light
    Anna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lynda, I'll pray for you to find peace in this difficult time. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lynda, my heart goes out to you during this difficult time. I am sending lots of light and positive thoughts your way and will pray for the best outcome of your treatment. Stay strong and envision yourself in the best health. I know chemo will be difficult, so I will pray for you to have strength during your treatment. I don't know what else to say except that I will miss your photography and I look forward to when you return to it in the future. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course you have all my best wishes. your wonderful spirit will cary you through!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynda, you are and will continue to be, in my thoughts and prayers.
    I am thrilled to hear of Bobby's good news.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Lynda.... sending you big big love.
    Take good care. I will be thinking of you.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Lynda ~ I am so happy you stopped by and left such a sweet note. I hate to say I have been rather one directional and haven't been stopping by to visit so many friends that I love. I am sorry to hear of what you are now going through. Please know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending many well wishes. So happy to hear that Bobby received good news. Many Hugs ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Por alguna razón acabo de encontrar tu blog y quiero desearte la mejor de las suertes.Todo va a salir bien.Mis mejores desos para ti y te envío un abrazo enorme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must be eager for spring and a change of scenery. Hope that all is going well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥