22 September 2014

Happy Autumn!


My favourite time of year officially arrives tonight but I've already started added Autumn touches to my home.  I'm trying to keep things soft and natural.  I did add a few touches of orange but somehow they seemed overdone so I removed them.  They might return as the season progresses - especially if I manage to find some bittersweet!


I covered old books with Kraft paper to give them a uniform look.  I bought several baby boo pumpkins from the grocery store and scattered them about.  An ironstone soap dish is filled with faux acorns (the squirrels beat me to the real ones!) and I added dried hydrangeas from my garden to a wooden box.


Later in the week I'll share my latest find.  It looks like a small version of a baguette dough bowl - perfect for baby boos and maybe a candle or two!

Autumn - the year's last, loveliest smile.
- William Cullen Bryant

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda! We have a hot air balloon floating outside near our house as a type this (wow!!!) ~ Your early autumn vignette is so pretty. I love the look of the dried hydrangeas with the weathered wood. :-) Would you believe I went to 3 stores yesterday searching for b. boos, but they were all terribly rotted. I hope you have a nice autumn!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara! I hope you find some baby boos! :)

      Delete
  2. You have the most wonderful talent for decorating, Lynda.
    Everything here is so beautiful, and I love the soft look.
    Simply perfect.
    I wish you a beautiful week, sweet friend. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wished to find some bittersweet to decorate with as well! I love your soft, neutral, natural decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm hoping to find bittersweet at the farmers market this weekend. Wish me luck! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Autumn, Lynda! Your still life images are always so lovely. Can you believe summer is over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! We're enjoying absolutely gorgeous weather this week! Summer isn't quite ready to go just yet. :)

      Delete
  5. Lynda, your home is truly beautiful with all your little touches. I wish I had your skills and more importantly your motivation! For me, living in southern California where there is very little change of season -- I just don't get inspired. It is going to be 90 again today -- hard to think of fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kc! Ugh! 90 is too hot for me even in the middle of Summer! It's in the mid-70's here - perfect weather as far as I'm concerned. :)

      Delete
  6. It all looks simple and elegant, very calm. Autumn without orange - I like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! ♥